Kinetic Chain Training is based upon the concept introduced by Mechanical Engineer Franz Reuleaux in 1875: One joint is connected to another joint which the movement of one joint would affect the movement of another joint which creates a link of a kinetic chain.
- Dr. Arthur Steindler, in 1995, adapted Reuleaux’s theory to the analysis of human movement, sport-specific activity patterns and exercise. He defined the kinetic chain as a “combination of several successively arranged joints constituting a complex motor unit.”
Kinetic Chain education at Pilates South Texas is designed to complement all fitness science principles with all modalities of exercise. Our program choices:
- Kinetic Chain TRAINING
- Anatomy Overview
- Principles & Factors of Movements
- Kinetic Chain Training in Motion App
- Kinetic Chain SUSPENSION
- Kinetic Chain SPORTS MOTION
Each program is a building block to understand and practice the science of movement. Kinetic Chain education focuses on the patterns and sequences of movements of the body’s components in relationship with the connection of the body’s joints. The segmental interaction of the joints creates a kinetic chain in the body. The proper application and understanding of this joint to joint link will ultimately result in desired optimal movement.
Kinetic Chain Training Education
1. Anatomy Overview
Kinetic Chain Training Anatomy Overview highlights aspects of anatomy that relate to components of the body in relation to the body’s joints.
- Learn the methodologies of studying anatomy within the KC education curriculum
- Define relationship of the Musculoskeletal System & Lever System
- Learn the anatomical position and terminologies to articulate movements
- Identify joints and learn their available movements to integrate into movement guidelines
- Identify three imaginary planes in the standard anatomical position to specify movements
- Identify origin and insertion of muscular attachment sites to determine actions of singular and group of muscles
- Introduction to the science of movement for fitness and pilates based exercises to increase workout enjoyment and improve performance
- $375.00 (one week registration is appreciated)
- Workshop Length: 6.5 hours & 1/2 hour break
- Completion of Kinetic Chain Training Anatomy Overview is a prerequisite for Kinetic Chain Training Principles & Factors of Movements
Audience: This and all Kinetic Chain education is open to fitness professionals or enthusiasts to enhance performance.
2. Principles & Factors of Movements
Education Date will be Announced Soon
3. Kinetic Chain Training in Motion App
Date will be Announced Soon
Kinetic Chain Suspension Education
CONTENT TO FOLLOW
Kinetic Chain Sports Motion Education
CONTENT TO FOLLOW